Friday, May 16, 2008

Teachers Day


Yesterday was Teachers Day, but really we've been celebrating it all week. It's been pretty cool having a holiday celebrating your job. :) All week the children's parents have been bringing us all sorts of food. Some parents brought us pizza, others brought fancy cakes decorated like no other cakes I've ever seen, tons of parents brought sweets, all sorts of cookies and little muffin things. It's been fun to see what kind of goodie will show up next. Aside from the food the children made us cards or brought us gifts. I was given flowers by a few students and among the more interesting gifts I was given a fancy mascara and eyeliner set. Hhaha. I will definitely use it, but it just doesn't seem like a normal gift for a teacher. I also had a class throw me a surprise party. They decorated the classroom and brought snacks. I've enjoyed being papered as a teacher for a week.
The attached picture is of one of the goddy flowers that I was given. That flower alone made teachers day awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, chu-chu. I think I'd fit in to Korean society in at least one way. =)