Thursday, April 10, 2008

School

Heather and I were thrown right into the school's teaching schedule. So the last few days have been somewhat hectic and crazy while we've been figuring out what we're doing. I have an afternoon schedule meaning that most of my classes start between 1:10 and 2:40 and go until around 8pm. This is nice because I have the mornings off. I plan on getting into a yoga class to fill part of my mornings. :)

The school's name is Wonderland Songpa and is about a 10 minute walk from our apartment. It's located on the 4th and 5th floors of a building in the downtown'ish part of our neighborhood. So far I love it here at the school. The kids are adorable and actually know much better english than I thought they would. I mostly teach 8-12 year olds, but I also have some kindergardeners. (they are so cute, I want to keep them all!) A lot of the classes that I teach are conversational but some involve grammer too. Then I also have a science class and a lego class.

I work with about 10 Korean ladies who are all in about their twenties or early thirties. As for the foreign English teachers there is a Canadian couple, an American guy, an Australian guy, a New Zealand guy and then Heather and me. I think another Australian guy is also lined up to come in a few weeks. They are all very nice and seem to be like fun people. I'm sure they will end up being my best friends.

Last night our friend Tyler who has been teaching in Korea for seven months came to our neighborhood to hang out. We did some exploring with him and drank soju for the first time. We also found a great park in our neighborhood where I plan on spending more time from now on. Our neighborhood is a perfect size. It is large, but has some really nice areas and tons of restaurants. It's been fun to explore it and see what all is near us.

We have a few different plans for the weekend. One of which involves finding a store called Techno Mart where we will hopefully find adapter plugs for our apartment. I think we are also going to check out Olympic Park because it's near our neighborhood.

More later when I'm not trying to quickly type between classes! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! It sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and can't wait to hear about it! LOVE!