Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008-2009

I was going to write about Thailand here, but I figured my first post for the year 2009 should be a recap of 2008. 2008 was a big and eventful year for me. I went many places and did many things. Last new years though, I didn't make any resolutions so I can't evaluate myself on how well I did...oh well. I guess I'll have to do that this year.

So last year, 2008, this is what I did:
-brought in new years in Southern Cali
-drove across the country from Cali, to New Mexico, to Denver, to Chicago, to Virginia
-had my heart broken
-worked on a farm and in a greenhouse
-sold my car just as quickily as I bought it
-spontaneously moved to Korea to teach English with my best friend Heather
-became an English teacher
-moved 6 times through out the whole year
-vacationed on Jeju Island
-made a new group of friends
-had an Australian roomate and a Brittish roomate
-got very sick 4 times
-lived for the first time in my life in my own apartment
-traveled to Vietnam and Thailand
-drove a motorbike
-And...brought in 2009 on the beach in Thailand.

It's been a good year. I am happy to be young and free doing exactly what I want to be doing with my life. I would have it no other way, and for that I have no regrets for the year 2008. :) I am excited to see what 2009 holds in store for me and where I will be this time next year. I hope the adventures continue!

My resolutions, or rather goals (because I don't like the word resolutions) for 2009 are as follows. To be healthy and to be more creative. I have spent a lot of this year being sick so I hope to be more healthy this year. I will adapt more healthy ways which will help me. Such as going to bed early, eating well rounded meals, and hopefully picking up a yoga class. I will also be more creative this year. Last year I was more concerned with trying to figure out what to do with myself. Now that I've figured that out for the time being I can focus more on creativity. I hope to start writing a book as well as write a piece in a friend's book. I would also like to make some small films, do more with photography, and color, draw or paint regularly.

So that is my 2008 and 2009. I am excited for this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wash your hands really well with hot soapy water very often - and eat lots of garlic. Those are two good ways to stay healthy!

Cathere said...

that is soo crazy! i got butt shots too when i lived in korea as a kid! why do they do it this way?